As mentioned, everyone is unique and so people have different foot shapes, although most people have one of three common toe shapes:
Rounded - known as "Roman"
Square - known as "Egyptian"
Tapered - known as "Greek"
When choosing your shoe, it is important to take your toe shape into account, as well as your size and fitting, to ensure ALL your toes have enough space. Pressure on your toes can cause bunions, hammer toes and many more serious problems.
The ultimate comfort is achieved by taking all these factors into consideration.
To accommodate different foot shapes, we offer our shoes in FIVE different toe shapes:
- Square – Allows more room for your toes, particularly for people with square toe shape or with round or tapered feet who need the extra room
- Round – Round toe shape and deep toe box gives plenty of room for your toes, especially for people with round toe shape but also for people with tapered feet who need the extra room
- Almond – Shaped for comfort. Slightly pointed at the end for a stylish look, especially suited for people with tapered foot shape.
- Pointed – Our elegantly styled toe box is still deep & wide but gives an elegant silhouette. Ideal for people with tapered foot shape or those looking for a slim look for that special occasion.
- Asymmetric – Our asymmetric shoe shape is designed to follow the natural shape of your feet for a more comfortable fit. With an even wider toe area than you’ll find even in our round or square toed shoes.
With many of our styles, we try to offer a similar base style with different features for different needs.
For instance we offer wide fitting trainers in either almond (like stretch panel Whitworth or leather and mesh Diss), round (like Echo or Pheasant) or square toe shapes (like Lexi or new wedge styles Panther or Impala).
Additionally, for instance, you may find men’s classic and casual styles to suit all needs:
Touch strap Benny, lace up Bob and slip on Dalton, which are broadly similar classic styles with square toe shape, offer different fastenings for different needs:
Bob’s lace-up fastening offers security of fit and adjustability, Benny’s adjustable strap fastening offers adjustability with ease for those with reduced hand motility and Dalton offers the ease of a slip-on style.
Similarly, men’s classic styles with round toes include lace-up Derek, strap fastening Donald and slip-on Delhi
But toe shape is just one of many features that we offer to ensure the perfect fit for your foot.
We also know that many people have wide feet but less wide ankles and calves, so we provide a range of fastening options that offer adjustability to reduce the ankle / calf circumference, such as lace-up designs with inside zips, adjustable ankle, or calf straps and more.
Discover some of our wide and extra wide shoes with different toe shapes.