Who are we?
Our legal obligations
We will at all times only collect and process your personal information in accordance with the Data Protection Legislation.
The information we may collect from you
When you use our websites, www.widerfitshoes.co.uk and/or www.dbshoes.co.uk ("the Websites") or contact us by post, telephone, fax or e-mail we may collect, store and use certain personal information that you disclose to us.
The information that we may collect from you may include:
- information which you provide by filling in forms on our Websites. This includes information provided at the time of making an enquiry or order through the Websites which may include your name, address, telephone number, fax number, e-mail address and mobile contact details together with details of any purchases that you make. Please note where we require your personal information set out above in order to process any order which you place if this information is not provided we will not be able to accept your order;
- information which you provide in order to receive our newsletters, offers and updates which may include your name, address and email address;
- information which you provide to us in order to claim VAT relief on your order;
- if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- any information which you provide if you complete surveys that we use for research or improvement of our services and products (although for the avoidance of any doubt you do not have to respond to such surveys), which may include your name, address, email address, phone number and other contact details as well as details of your demographic such as your post code and age;
- any information which you provide in order to enter any competition which we may run from time to time (although for the avoidance of any doubt you do not have to enter any such competition) which may include your name, address, email address, phone number and other contact details as well as details of your demographic such as your post code and age;
- details of any orders which you place whether such orders are placed through our Websites or by telephone, post, fax or email and of our fulfilment of those orders;
- details of your visits to our Websites including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, and details of any resources or pages that you access; and
- where you place an order by post, email, through our Websites or by fax your bank or credit/debit details for the purpose of processing that order and to allow third party payment processors to process your card payments.
For the avoidance of any doubt, we do not store your bank account or credit/debit card details save for the last four digits of your card number which are stored only to facilitate the management of your account. If you pay by bank transfer or credit/debit card through our Websites or by telephone when payment is requested you are linked directly to the card processor through a secure payment gateway. In these circumstances we do not hold or process any of your bank or debt/credit card details save for the last four digits of your card number, as referred to above. If you send an order through the post or via email and as part of that order include your bank or debit/credit card details we will shred your payment information once it is processed and payment has been taken through a direct link to the card processor as though it was a telephone order and will retain only the last four digits of your card number, as referred to above.
Log Files and cookies
In addition, we may collect information about your computer and your browsing activities including where available your IP address, operating system, browser type and details of the pages which you have visited to analyse trends, administer the site, track user's movement, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual.
- estimate our audience size and usage pattern;
- store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests;
- speed up search; and
- recognise you when you return to our site
How do we use your information?
We, and carefully selected third parties chosen by us (further details of which are set out below), may process the information which we hold about you for the following purposes:
- to customise the Websites according to individual selections in order to provide you with a personalised browsing experience in accordance with our legitimate interests;
- to ensure that the content of the Websites is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer in accordance with our legitimate interests;
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us prior to entering into a contract with you;
- to contact you in relation to any orders which you have placed, to fulfil such orders and to meet our contractual obligations as is necessary for the performance of our contract;
- to process VAT relief claims on your behalf including submitting such claims to Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs ("HMRC") where you specifically request that we do so;
- to send you details (by post, phone, fax or e-mail) of other products or services which we think may be of interest and which are similar to those products or services which you have previously purchased from us in accordance with our legitimate interests and unless you request that we do not use your information in this way;
- to send you details by post of other products or services which we think may be of interest to you in accordance with our legitimate interests;
- to send you details by fax or email of other products or services which we think may be of interest in accordance with our legitimate interests;
- to send to you our email alerts in relation to special offers, promotions, sales and events where you have requested us to send you such e-mail alerts in accordance with our legitimate interests;
- in emergency situation such as in the event of an urgent product recall where it is in our legitimate interests that we do so;
- to process your credit/debit or electronic bank transfer payments;
- to notify you if you have won any competition which you may have entered as is in our legitimate interests to do so.
For the purposes of the above our 'legitimate interests' include promotion of our business, marketing and the maintenance of the goodwill and reputation of the DB Shoes and Wider Fit brands which includes the provision of excellent customer service and care.
Who do we share your information with?
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries from time to time, as defined in section 736 of the UK Companies Act 1985 where we have a legitimate interest in doing so such as where a decision has been made to consolidate support services or where required by such companies' professional advisers in the performance of their services.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties in the following circumstances:
- to credit/debit card processors where you choose to make a payment by credit or debit card in order to allow us to ensure that your payment is processed in a secure manner;
- to banks and/or building societies for the purposes of processing payments which you make to us;
- to mailing houses who send out information, brochures and other marketing materials on our behalf;
- to couriers and other shipping/mail handlers such as Royal Mail or UPS who provide delivery services for us;
- to HMRC in the event that you seek VAT relief on your purchases and where you have provided us with information specifically for this purpose;
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets as part of the sale or purchase process and to allow this transaction to proceed as is in our legitimate interest;
- if DB Shoes Ltd or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets in order to allow the transaction to proceed and as in our legitimate interest; and
For the avoidance of any doubt, we will not share your personal information with any third party for their marketing or promotion purposes without first obtaining your express consent to do so.
We have put in place appropriate technical and organisational security measures to ensure the security of your personal information. However, whilst we have used our best efforts to ensure the security of your data, please be aware that we cannot guarantee the security of information transmitted over the Internet.
How long do we keep your information?
We shall retain your information only for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it is collected and for no longer than eight years from the date on which your last order with us is delivered to you or in the event that you have not placed an order with us for eight years from the date of your last contact with us.
You have the right to contact us in order to find out what information we hold about you, to request that we rectify or erase any information that we hold about you or, in certain circumstances, to ask that we restrict the manner in which we process your information. Please note, in accordance with the Data Protection Legislation we may be unable to erase your information in certain circumstances, for example if it is still required for the purpose for which you provided it to us, if we have a legal obligation to retain it or if we have an overriding legitimate ground to continue processing your information. If we are unable to erase your data in accordance with a request which you have made we will notify you of this and of the reasons. Similarly, if we are unable to restrict the processing of your data in a manner requested we will contact you to explain why that is the case. If any of your information changes or is incorrect, or if you no longer desire our service, or wish to exercise any of the other rights set out above, you can request by sending us an email to email@example.com. or by telephoning us on 01933 311077. Alternatively, you can ask that we correct, update or remove your personal information at your personal profile page.
Where you have consented to our processing of your information for a specific purpose you have a right to withdraw that consent at any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by following the unsubscribe link on any email which we may send to you. Alternatively, you can give us a call on: 01933 311077. Similarly, if you receive any marketing emails from us as a result of having made previous purchases from us of similar goods and no longer wish to be contacted in this way please let us know either by email to the address above, by following the unsubscribe link which is included in all such communications or by telephoning us on the above number.
If you are unhappy with the way in which we have collected or processed your personal information or have any other complaint in relation to our handling of your personal information you can make a complaint to the Information Commissioner, further information can be found on the Information Commissioner's website at www.ico.org.uk or via their helpline on 0303 123 1113.
Notification of Changes
If at any point we wish to use personally identifiable information in a manner different from that stated at the time it was collected, we will notify you by email. You will have a choice as to whether or not we use your information in this different manner.
This policy was last updated on 12th April 2018.